M4201 Network Controller
Performance, Capacity, and Network Reliability.
The M4201 brings a new level of performance and reliability to CRS radio packet data networks. It supports more users and more base stations than prior models, and it also delivers messages more quickly and reliably than ever before.
The M4201 is installed into the network operations center (NOC), where it controls and monitors a wide-area radio network. It includes a real-time subscriber database, a message scheduling engine, and all messaging and control interfaces required to deliver and confirm messages to thousands of users over thousands of square miles.
Like all CRS components, the M4201 is fast and reliable, delivering and confirming critical messages without reliance on external resources such as cell phone networks or the Internet.
M4201 Features at a Glance
- Ultra-reliable solution for critical messaging
- 5-second message delivery, confirmation, and response
- User read confirmation and multiple-choice responses
- AES-128 message encryption with key management
- Support for legacy 1-way and 2-way pagers
- High-power, FCC-protected channels
- Front: Serial console port, USB storage device
- Rear: Ethernet, serial port (2), GPS port (DB15 & TNC), serial bus port (2)
- Rear Power: 48VDC nominal (40~56VDC), 3A fuse
- Messaging: SDP, SMTP, WCTP, TAP, TNPP, SNMP
- Management: SNMP, Telnet, SSH, Web
- Over-the-Air: ReFLEX 2.7, FLEX 1.9, POCSAG 512/1200/2400
- Privacy: AES-128 message encryption
- Subscribers: 100,000 maximum
- Base Stations: 500 maximum
- Channels: 500 independent RF channels, TX and RX combined
- Redundancy: Standalone, cold standby, or hot standby with auto-failover
- Size: 1RU, 19” x 8” x 1.7”
- Weight: 5 lbs
- Mounting: Desktop or rackmount, side-discharge forced-air ventilation
- Environment: 0-70°C, 90% humidity (non-condensing)
- Max Power: 30W (600mA at 48VDC)
- Part Number: CRS-M4201