Designed for diagnose and reduce alarm fatigue within clinical care units
With the influx monitoring equipment in today’s healthcare environment alarming and alarm management is playing a critical role in patient safety. It’s not uncommon to see upwards of 10,000 warnings and alarms a week in a single unit! With the vast majority of these being false alarms or requiring no interaction.
The Critical Response System has been designed from the ground up with this in mind. All alarms sent to the clinical staff is tracked not just for audit trail purposes, but to be diagnosed and analyzed through the ResponseView Dashboard to define behavioral patterns that reduce the quantity of false alarms generated by physiological monitors.
Additionally the alarm tones and cadences on the Responder Device are matched against the physiological monitors so clinical staff can very quickly identify the type of alarm being generated.
Benefits at a Glance
- Analytic analysis on alarm activity to diagnose behavioral trends
- Alerts tones mimic the tones of the bedside monitor
- Users can’t disable alerts
- Extremely simple User interface allows for quick interaction with the device
- High Reliability and Fault Tolerance
- Fewer Distractions and Workflow Disruptions